Grand Italy & Sicily - Small Group, 2021
Grand Italy & Sicily – Small Group, 2021
Explore the wonders of Italy, as you enter the Vatican Museum in VIP style, visit the fishing villages of the famous Cinque Terre and join an expert vintner for a tasting of Puglia’s most celebrated blends. From picture-perfect Capri to romantic Sicily, discover the very best of Italy.
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Rome: Taste a nutritious meal at Rome’s welcome dinner. The venue adopts a flexiterian philosophy; to them, sustainable consumption and healthy meals is what’s important.
- Florence: Enjoy a traditional Bistecca alla Fiorentina steak dinner paired with delicious local wine, a specialty not to be missed.
- Alberobello: Meet your host Alessandro, who will share his philosophy of using only organic, seasonal produce that he grows himself. See nonna making orecchiette pasta, before savouring the fresh flavours of your Farm-to-Table Highlight Dinner.
- Palermo: At a local restaurant, enjoy fresh, rustic dishes served with local wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 16 Breakfast (B), 8 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo’s David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Alberobello: Dine at Trattoria Terra Madre, where owner Alessandra and his nonna have built a restaurant that focuses on sustainability and creating jobs for locals. Everything is grown organically and harvested on site, and excess produce is donated to their community.Trattoria Terra Madre, advances SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production. The restaurant sources their produce locally, implements a strategy to reduce their food waste and promotes sustainable agricultural practices.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: Sightsee the local way, with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place, around ancient treasures like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site with dedicated time to explore two of the five charming fishing villages.
- Portofino: Get a taste of the ‘sweet life’ when you visit this elegant fishing village.
- Italian Lake District: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Relax and enjoy the views as you are driven in an iconic open-top taxi.
- Matera: With your Local Expert explore this town that Mel Gibson chose as the setting for his film ‘The Passion of the Christ.’
- Alberobello: Led by a Local Expert, explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site showcasing the Trulli of Alberobello. Circular structures with conical roofs that are domed within, built from local limestone and stacked without using mortar.
- Straits of Messina: Cross to Sicily by ferry.
- Taormina Riviera: During your orientation with your Travel Director, visit the courtyard of Palazzo Corvaja, seat of the first Sicilian parliament, and stroll along Corso Umberto to Piazza IX Aprile.
- Palermo: Discover the Sicilian capital with your Local Expert. See Pretoria Square and the 16th century fountain. View the composite architectural styles of the Palermo Cathedral and visit the Cathedral of Monreale.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and…
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local
Pisa and Santa Margherita Ligure
The Charms of the Cinque Terre
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima
A Scenic Journey to Florence
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance
Ill-fated Pompeii and on to Sorrento
Capri, the Isle of Dreams
Sassi di Matera and Alberobello
The Trulli of Alberobello
Sicily and the Taormina Riviera
Taormina and the Dawn Coast of Europe
Palermo, Capital of Sicily